While the number of ‘correct’ ways to do something is generally directly proportional to the number of people discussing it around the camp fire, we hope the following information will help make your time in the bush safer and more enjoyable.
Canyoning techniques and advice:
- What to look for when buying a canyoning rope?
- Canyoning equipment checklist: What gear is needed?
- Purcell Prusik — making an extendable safety line
- Four options for making an emergency abseiling harness with tape
- Fiddlestick retrievable abseiling anchor
- Rope management using a Butterfly Coil
- Retrievable anchor when abseiling on double ropes
- Flash flood risks in Blue Mountains canyons
- Bushfire safety tips for bushwalkers and canyoners
- The issue with bottom-belaying
- Do you need to retire dropped carabiners?
- Refolding topographic maps to make them easier to use
- Making a custom first aid kit for canyoning and bushwalking